- Dr. Vijay K Kulkarni completed research project entitled “Evanescent wave fiber optic chemical sensing” sanctioned by Visvesvaraya Technological University(VTU), Belgaum, Karnataka state. Research grant is Rs.5.00 lakhs during 2010-11 for period of three years.
- Dr. Vijay K Kuklarni Completed research project entitled “Analysis of Microscopic Chemical Species in Liquids Using Fiber Bragg Grating Sensor” by Vision Group on Science & Technology (VGST) under Seed Money to Young Scientist for Research (SMYSR) by Karnataka State, sanctioned during 2013-14. Research grant is Rs.6.00 lakhs for period of one year.
- Dr. Vijay K Kulkarni Research proposal entitled “Development of Highly Sensitive Fiber Grating Sensor and Their Applications based on Green Nanotechnology” has been selected under Grants for research Proposal by VTU during 2021-22. The amount sanctioned is Rs.6.5 lakhs.
- VTU recognized Research Centre established in Physics department in the year 2014.
- Four candidates registered for Ph.D. at Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) under Dr. Vijay K Kulkarni guidance.
Reviewer for International Journals
- Letters in Applied Nano Bio Science
- Materials Today: Proceedings.
Research Publications(International Journals)
- LED based evanescent wave fiber optic sesnor technique to detect Fe +2 concentraton” published at American Institute of Physics (AIP) Conference proceedings, 1731,060024 (2016).
- “Light Emitting Diode Based Evanescent Wave Fiber Optic Chemical Sensor for Detection of Thiocynate” Asian Journal of Chemistry, Vol 30, No 2(2018), 351-354.
- Detection of thiocynate in water by fiber Bragg grating” published at American Institute of Physics ( AIP) Conference Proceedings 2265, 030188 (2020).
- Highly Sensitive Detection Of Lead Ions In Water Using Etched FBG, International Journal of Engineering Applied Sciences and Technology, 2021 Vol. 6, Issue 3, ISSN No. 2455-2143, Pages 122-126 Published Online July 2021 in IJEAST (http://www.ijeast.com)https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=wkkAJdMAAAAJ&hl=en.
- ‘Etched FBG refractive index sensor for alcohols’ International Journal of Research & analytical reviews(IJRAR) 9 (1), 71-73,2022.
- ‘Determination of refractive index of ethanol using etched fiber Bragg grating’ International Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research 9,c751-c754,2022.
- ‘Hydrogen peroxide concentration sensor using fiber Bragg grating’ International Journal of Creative Research Thoughts (IJCRT) 10 (1), c261-c264,2022.
- “Refractive Index sensor for Hydrogen Peroxide Using Fiber Bragg Grating” JASC: Journal of Applied Science and Computations Volume IX, Issue VI,60-64 June/2022
- Dr. Vijay K Kulkarni published a book entitled “Propagation Effects in Optical Fiber and Fiber Optic Sensor System” with ISBN: (978-620-2-91935-7) in LAMBERT Academic Publications. http://www.morebooks.shop/bookprice_offer_97c26ef7f045cfc50f77ae2b24fef91ee6fc8b68?locale=gb¤cy=EUR
- Dr. Vijay K Kulkarni published book chapter entitled “Evanescent Wave Fiber Optic Sensor for Detection of Fe+2 Using LED Source” with ISBN: 978-93-91215-96-5, eBook ISBN: 978-93-91215-97-2 in B.P.International. https://www.bookpi.org/bookstore/product/advanced-aspects-of-engineering-research-vol-16/